Hello! My name is Zi Wang, and I am a
PhD candidate from Dept. of Electrical Engineering & Computer Science at MIT. I am a member of the Learning & Intelligent Systems Group at CSAIL and the Machine Learning Group at MIT. I am advised by Prof. Leslie Pack Kaelbling and Prof. Tomás Lozano-Pérez. research scientist at Google Brain (a block away from MIT).
My Academic Achievements and Milestones
- [Jan 2020] Got a PhD from MIT.
- [May 2019] NEW ACHIEVEMENT: honored to be part of “RSS Pioneers 2019”, a cohort of the world’s top early career researchers in robotics.
- [Apr 2019] NEW ACHIEVEMENT: honored to be awarded “MIT Graduate Women of Excellence”, in recognition of my leadership and service, dedication to mentoring, and drive to improve the student experience.
- [Feb 2019] Paper accepted at ICLR, congrats to our MEng alumna and my fabulous mentee, Victoria Xia!
- [Jan 2019] Paper accepted at IJRR, congrats to my colleague and ICRA best paper award recipient, Beomjoon Kim!
- [Sep 2018] Paper accepted at NIPS 2018 as spotlight.
- [Jul 2018] NEW ACHIEVEMENT: “2018 Rising Star in EECS”.
- [Jun 2018] Paper accepted at IROS 2018.
- [Dec 2017] Paper accepted at AISTATS 2018.
- [Jul 2017] NEW ACHIEVEMENT: I interned at UBER ATG working on safe, reliable and intelligent autonomous driving systems with both the Prediction Team and the Motion Planning Team.
- [May 2017] Two papers accepted at ICML 2017.
- [Jan 2017] Paper accepted at ICRA 2017.
- [Apr 2016] Oral presentation and zero-th time Best Paper Award nominee at SIGTBD: Motion Planning using Naturally Annoying Grammars (NAGs).
- [Feb 2016] NEW ACHIEVEMENT: “Master of Science” in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.
- [Dec 2015] Paper accepted as oral presentation at AISTATS 2016.
- [Aug 2015] I TA-ed 6.883 Advanced Machine Learning — Learning with Discrete Structure.
ziw ‘at’ csail ‘dot’ mit ‘dot’ edu wangzi ‘at’ google ‘dot’ com (Please refrain from using my MIT email addr because it will be deactivated soon)