Hello! My name is Zi Wang, and I am a PhD candidate from Dept. of Electrical Engineering & Computer Science at MIT. I am a member of the Learning & Intelligent Systems Group at CSAIL and the Machine Learning Group at MIT. I am advised by Prof. Leslie Pack Kaelbling and Prof. Tomás Lozano-Pérez. I work on Human Intelligence Assisted Artificial Intelligence (HIAAI), Bayesian optimization, active learning and integrated learning and planning for robots. See two of my project descriptions here and here.
My Academic Achievements and Milestones
- [May 2019] NEW ACHIEVEMENT: honored to be part of “RSS Pioneers 2019”, a cohort of the world’s top early career researchers in robotics.
- [Apr 2019] NEW ACHIEVEMENT: honored to be awarded “MIT Graduate Women of Excellence”, in recognition of my leadership and service, dedication to mentoring, and drive to improve the student experience.
- [Feb 2019] Paper accepted at ICLR, congrats to our MEng alumna and my fabulous mentee, Victoria Xia!
- [Jan 2019] Paper accepted at IJRR, congrats to my colleague and ICRA best paper award recipient, Beomjoon Kim!
- [Sep 2018] Paper accepted at NIPS 2018 as spotlight.
- [Jul 2018] NEW ACHIEVEMENT: “2018 Rising Star in EECS”.
- [Jun 2018] Paper accepted at IROS 2018.
- [Dec 2017] Paper accepted at AISTATS 2018.
- [Jul 2017] NEW ACHIEVEMENT: I interned at UBER ATG working on safe, reliable and intelligent autonomous driving systems with both the Prediction Team and the Motion Planning Team.
- [May 2017] Two papers accepted at ICML 2017.
- [Jan 2017] Paper accepted at ICRA 2017.
- [Apr 2016] Oral presentation and zero-th time Best Paper Award nominee at SIGTBD: Motion Planning using Naturally Annoying Grammars (NAGs).
- [Feb 2016] NEW ACHIEVEMENT: “Master of Science” in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.
- [Dec 2015] Paper accepted as oral presentation at AISTATS 2016.
- [Aug 2015] I TA-ed 6.883 Advanced Machine Learning — Learning with Discrete Structure.
Email: ziw ‘at’ csail ‘dot’ mit ‘dot’ edu